Sunday, November 28, 2010

SNOW!

5 hours wandering the depths of the Edinburgh! Half the time I had no idea where I was...bundled up to my nose which wasn't really necessary, it wasn't all that cold. I started off in King George's park. Then down to German Christmas Market and Princes Street. I managed to find the castle all by myself, walked up the Playfair steps.



















Unfortunately, the castle was closed because of the ice/snow. Got some fantastic pictures at the top!






















Walked all the way down the Royal Mile to Holyrood Palace and park. My toes were nice and warm until I mistook a giant mushy puddle for solid ground. Poor wet, chilly toes.
























I did stoop low...I got McDonald's. I was trying to avoid it but that Happy Meal hit the spot!! Back to Holyrood and Arthur's seat. I hiked up the hill next to Arthur's Seat. Arthur's Seat seemed to daunting after walking so much. Gorgeous view from the top as the sun was setting.I managed to not slip and die the entire day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment